Silicon Valley Attorney — Jim HartnettTelephone: (650) 568-2828 Facsimile: (650) 568-2823 Email: email@example.com
Firm partner Jim Hartnett has an established reputation in the legal community as an outstanding civil litigator and effective business and real estate counsel. Mr. Hartnett focuses his practice in the areas of business law, real estate law, civil litigation, probate and trust litigation and dispute resolution but is often called in to troubleshoot and strategize in a variety of practice areas. He is known for his ability to help clients establish and accomplish their objectives. He is also an effective mediator
Mr. Hartnett worked in Japan for three years and brings his special experience and skills to clients in the United States who are dealing with Asian counterparts and foreign clients who are active in the United States. He received the American Chamber of Commerce in Japan President's Leadership Award from United States Ambassador Mike Mansfield.
Mr. Hartnett received his J.D. from the Santa Clara University School of Law and was admitted to practice in the State of California in 1978.
Bay Area lawyer Jim Hartnett has a long and distinguished record of public service to San Mateo County. He is a former mayor and city council member of Redwood City. He has served on numerous boards and committees, including chairing the City/County Association of Governments, San Mateo County, the Redwood City/San Mateo County Chamber of Commerce and on the board of directors of the San Mateo County Transit District and Caltrain Joint Powers Board. He is also a member of the California High Speed Rail Authority Board, appointed by the California State Senate, and has advised on state and national issues. Mr. Hartnett's professional and ethical abilities have earned him an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®.
Areas of practice
Admitted to practice
- California, 1978
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Central Districts of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Northern District
Awards and honors
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- American Chamber of Commerce in Japan President's Leadership Award
- Santa Clara University, J.D., 1978
- Sophia University, International Division, Tokyo, B.A., 1975
- U.S. Naval Security Group, Active Duty, 1970–1972
- San Mateo County Bar Association
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- Former mayor of Redwood City
- Former council member of Redwood City
- Chair, City/County Association of Governments, San Mateo County, 2001–2002
- Member and chair, board of directors, San Mateo County Transit District and Caltrain Joint Powers Board
- Chair, Redwood City/San Mateo County Chamber of Commerce in Japan, 1981
- Member, California High Speed Rail Authority Board